Thursday 8 March 2012

20mph for Westfield

The Lid Dem BANES council put a large provision for 20 mph speed limits in their last budget.

I intend to try and get an early chunk of this money put in to Westfield for the residential roads.

Westfield is primarily a residential parish with a large number of young families, and is one of the few places I have seen in recent years where children can still play in the street. I want to help protect these children and enable them to continue to use the open areas we have - so I am going to propose having the residential roads in the area converted to 20 mph.

Also a number of the green areas are becoming mud with people illegally parking on them, at the same time I am going to request that parking officers actually police these areas, while looking at the possibility of converting 1 or 2 to tarmac to create the extra parking needed to ease the problem.

I will post more as it happens

No comments: